Blueberries & Peppermint...Need Ideas!

My Paw-Paw had quite a knack for gardening, there's no question about that.  I specifically remember him helping me plant squash, then MamaRie cooking it...and I wouldn't eat it! hahaha.  We also had a strawberry patch at least one year. (I'm sure I helped eat them!)  My sister and I used to try to help him set up the strings for the beans to grow on (we didn't eat those either!).  And we ALWAYS helped pick blueberries!  Well, I've got some more of Paw-Paw's blueberries in my freezer now! :)  Can't wait to make some pancakes, muffins, cobbler, ....bread maybe? (anyone ever made blueberry bread? Is it any good?)  While I was at it, I got a bag full of peppermint leaves from the herb garden (where the strawberries used to be!)  I really don't know what I'm going to do with the peppermint leaves, other than maybe make some peppermint hot cocoa?  I need to look for some recipes that use fresh peppermint...any ideas? (other than a mojito?)  I'll do some research myself and post any results I find that taste good. :) Post a link in my comments if you have a good recipe!

Comments

  1. Your post reminded me of my grandfather's garden. I don't really think it could be called a garden, more like a FARM. My brother and I helped plant potato slips, and got to ride the horse when Grand Daddy was plowing. He was known in the county for his watermelons and we ate them until we almost popped.
    He had a lot of sage, but no peppermint, so I'm interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out this for the peppermint. It has lots of info on uses for peppermint.

    http://www.mintrubbing.org/themintplant.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here for everything you ever wanted to know about blueberries!

    http://www.blueberrycouncil.com/

    http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/H/HE-0579/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week