Saturday Summary

I haven't blogged any during the day because I knew I would have some more "bloggy" things to talk about later...so now that today is almost over...here goes! :)

I started off by making a yummy smoothie for breakfast this morning...2 kiwi, 2 banana, and what was salvageable of the mango I had left in the kitchen. (I had originally planned on making some kiwi banana bread, but I ran out of flour after making mango bread....
Anywho, I topped off my smoothie with a slice of cucumber (why didn't I add some of those? I have a good bit of cucumber...maybe tomorrow!) and a peppermint leaf.  It was pretty hahaha. :)

Then after watching some movies, doing some laundry, and starting the cupcakes...I made a passport cover!  While I was in France, I was wishing I had one because I liked to stick my boarding passes in the pages of my passport, and I was always afraid they would fall out in my purse and I'd have to dig for them.  So here's my solution for next time I travel (oh, and it keeps it from getting bent too!)



Like the elastic strap to keep everything in the cover?  (Inspired by this coffee coozie) And I made a small pocket in the back cover to tuck some cash or whatever in there.  The original idea was a pocket big enough for boarding passes, but then I realized the pocket would have to be the size of the passport itself! hahaha! :)  There are a few little tweaks I'd like to make to it if I make more!

After sewing the button in place, I finished up the cupcakes for the dinner party I went to tonight with some of the faculty and students in Motor Development.  I got the idea for these cupcakes off of one of the recipe websites a few months ago, and they were a hit when I made them for a Sunday School party.  The cupcakes are just white cake batter cupcakes.  The icing is one container of cool whip and one normal sized package of pudding mix (french vanilla is what I used), all mixed up. I spread a little icing on the cupcakes, then sliced strawberries and put a slice on top and a few blueberries...so they were red, white, and blue! :)


Yummy, yummy, yummy...good enough to eat for breakfast! :)













Photobucket



Sumo Sweet Stuff

The Girl Creative

Comments

  1. Love your passport cover! The fabric is gorgeous! And the cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    Love your passport cover! I could use one of those. Any chance that you will add them to your etsy shop? (hint, hint!!) Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely thinking so...I just gotta sit down and make some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good idea! It looks like you had a fun day! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would eat those cupcakes for any meal of the day. They look delicious! Patriotic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thanks! And I'll admit...I had the last one with lunch yesterday....so they ARE good for every meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm here from New Friend Fridays at Girl Creative. I am your newest follower.

    I've been having smoothies for breakfast for the past 3 weeks now! With all the berries in season, it's definitely yummy!

    http://becauseitsfuntowin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week