We Just Got An Award!!! :) :)

Thank you so much Jake & Alison at Welcome Sunshine Home!!



Welcome Sunshine Home

It's the first blog award (and right after my happy dance of making my own button!!....which, by the way, Adam was super happy for me as well, and when I told him our blog got an award, he said "The Blog YOU Made a BUTTON for!!!!" hehe)

So here's the pretty award for being a Versatile Blogger :) :)  Feeling pretty honored right now, that's for sure! :)


There are a few things that go along with accepting this award.  The first is listing seven nifty things about yourself.  Here goes! :)

Adam
  1. I can sleep like a baby after drinking a full pot of coffee.
  2. I helped put out the fire at Toomer's Corner after the Iron Bowl in 2007.  If you're an Auburn Fan, you can understand why this is exciting. That's me on the right...
  3. I married my high school sweetheart.
  4. I was surprised to see my painting on my groom's (brownie) cake at our wedding!
  5. I love watching the History channel and learning what you might not have heard in class.
  6. I like a good game of Ultimate Frisbee!
  7. I took French classes 10 years ago as well.  When Wendy yells in French, I pretend like I don't know what she's saying...(read her #2)

Wendy
  1. I am currently a professional student. :) I love school, and have ever since Kindergarten.  I would come home from school, and make my sister (who was 3 at the time) "play school" with me.  I'd teach her everything I learned that day! ((Needless to say, she graduated from high school with an amazing GPA and is still doing great in college! :) )) Oh, and we did the same thing to our youngest sister once she was old enough to sit up on her own!
  2. I started taking French classes about 10 years ago: my Freshman year of high school.  I have a tendency to speak in French...and forget that people don't know what I'm saying! haha
  3. I married my high school sweetheart.
  4. I made our wedding cake last summer.
  5. I love to sew, cook, paint, and scrapbook...and I have a tendency to try to do it all at once. (I give credit to Mom for the sewing and all my crafting love)
  6. I have an incredible fascination with how the human body works (particularly muscles and bones)...hence...my #1 nifty fact.
  7. A lot of people don't know I play the piano because I haven't taken lessons in about 10 years...but I do!  In fact, Dad and I arranged 3 songs into one song for me to play at my last recital. :)
Whew! That was harder than it seems! haha :)

The rest of the acceptance includes...
*Thank the person/people who gave it to you (check!! Thanks again!!)
*Copy and Paste the Award to your blog (check!!)
*Tell seven random things about yourself (check!!)
*Pass the award on to 5-15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and think are fantastic.  Don't forget to let them know!

So here are my choices! (no particular order...and this was hard too because I've found so many great blogs through linky parties!  Also, I tried to pick blogs who had not received this award before...which helped narrow down the list a little! :)

* Wifey In Training (A newlywed like me!)
* Simply Add Coffee (who I very recently met this morning!!)
* Paint Chips and Frying Pans (the inspiration for Mango Bread!)
* Gluesticks (with her new blog title! I loved this wall art!)
* craft eNVy (which I'm sure has gotten one before, but it was the first place I participated in a Linky Party, so they deserve one for that reason if nothing else!! :)

I'm about to email each of you to let you know I've passed the award on to you! :)

Comments

  1. Hi Wendy,
    thanks so much for stopping by, and for your nice comments! Boy, I sure could use you as my French tutor! I have been trying to learn to speak it, and while I know enough to get by when we visit Paris, I certainly am not fluent! How cool that you made your own wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Wendy!! Brandy here from Gluesticks, thanks for stopping by! I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award and thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie. Come again anytime Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy! I enjoy reading your blog too, check out my acceptance speech...I mean thank you note! h
    ttp://simplyaddcoffee.blogspot.com/2010/07/who-me.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week