Tuesday, August 3, 2010

T-Shirt Quilt...Back at it!

The summer after my Freshman year of college I started a tshirt quilt with some of my elementary, middle, and high school tshirts.  Well, I kinda ignored it the last.....four-ish years?? Something like that.  I pulled it out of the closet and started working on it again!  I've added a few more shirts to it (still need to find one more, but I can do that a little later...maybe our Senior prom tshirt).  Also, I noticed that I've most definitely improved in my sewing skills (and patience) in the last few years.  There are several things I would do different if I started over.  For starters, don't use a permanent marker to outline where the seams will be....use a marker to mark the edge including seam allowances...preferable in washable disappearing ink...not Sharpie. hahhah.  Anywho, one of my friends is starting up her own tshirt quilt and I'm going to finish mine.  I plan on making a college one later and Adam wants one made of some of his old Fire shirts too (when they get old).  But, here's pretty much what it looks like right now...







AAAAAANNNNDDDDD guess what came in the mail today....


I do believe we'll have pancakes in the morning! :)