Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
If you want to pass it on, go for it! I just wanted all of you to be recognized and I wanted to send some people over to your blogs!! :)
Friday, August 27, 2010
This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.
So...here's how to make oreo balls :)
1 package of oreos
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 package white almond bar
Put the cream cheese in a bowl and let it start to soften while you make good use of your food processor for the next few minutes. Put your oreos in your food processor and chop 'em up till they're tiny. After I finished, I realized it probably would have been a good idea to crush them in a ziploc bag beforehand, but oh well! Once they're all crumbs, add the oreos to your cream cheese and mix it as well as you can. (I did this pat slowly, adding about 8 or 10 crushed oreos at a time). You'll get to a point where you just can't mix with a spoon anymore, so push up your sleeves, put on your apron and mix with your hands.
Once everything is mixed nicely, roll the mixture into about 1 inch balls. (I used a melon scoop to make them about the same size). Chill them in the refrigerator about one hour. Just before you take the oreo balls out, melt your delicious almond bar. Now coat the oreo balls and let them set to harden before
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Our calzones had sauce, ground beef, chopped yellow peppers, pepperoni, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese. Soo yummy. :) And so easy to make!
Next time you go grocery shopping, look over by the canned biscuits...top row...you'll see pizza crusts and Italian bread, and French bread too I think! Get the thick crust pizza crust. Spray your cookie sheet (or, if you do like me and always line your cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray the aluminum foil...the middle of the calzone gets heavy and wants to stick.) Roll out the pizza crust onto your pan. Spread some sauce onto half of the pizza crust, and top that half with whatever you want! (If you're adding meats, precook them). My suggestions for cheese, is put some on between different layers of other toppings so that everything melts together really well. Once you've got everything piled on, fold the other half of the pizza crust over and press it closed around the edges. Get your kitchen scissors out, and cut a slice in the top of the calzone so it doesn't do anything crazy, like explode in the oven....that'd be no good! Bake according to the instructions on the pizza crust can. The one we bought was at 425 for 14 minutes I believe and it was perfect. :)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Today I signed up for IdeaPaint, which is like chalkboard paint, except it's dry erase board paint. I figure I'll find some good use for it! :) And I've got some Aveeno shampoo and conditioner on the way...and some Post-It Tabs... some Pledge furniture polish wipes...and I signed up for these Gummie Vitamins for Adults a while back! Yay for getting lots of mail and trying out some fun stuff! :)
((Oh wait, here's one for Free Instant Taster's Choice Coffee I got a while back...I LOVE it! :) ))
Anywho, that's about all I can think of today! Right now I'm just relaxing (about to pour a cup of coffee) and going to read over some notes for class this week. My brain is so tired right now! hahhahah! Our first RHA meeting of the year is tonight and I'm really excited about it because it's the first meeting where I'll be the Advisor!! :) I started as an "attendee" (is there a better word for that?) my freshman year of college, then I was "Social Co-Chair" spring semester...worked my way up to Co-President, then Area Coordinator - Hill (I think that's what we called it at the time...now it's essentially a part of the Public Relations group), then National Communications Coordinator, then I was a "I'm here if you need me, I can answer lots of questions, I don't have an official title because I have successfully watched this organization become a student-run organization" person. :) Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to have watched this student organization grow into something so big, that people want to come and be a part of it! :)
That said, I'm going to relax until 7pm when it's time for me to go pick up the Firehouse Subs, then off to the RHA Meeting!! :)
Monday, August 23, 2010
(Don't hate on the bad photography skills this morning...I took the pictures pretty soon after I woke up...and my contacts weren't in...and I don't photograph well with glasses...so I had to take them off and see what happened hahahahaha)
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
|July 2002 beginning of Sophomore year of high school - First time I donated hair!|
I cut off 12 inches of hair that day...it was so long!!
|And this is how it happened the second time!|
August 2007 - beginning of Junior year of College
|What we cut off. Those scissors weren't hair-cutting scissors...it was a little difficult!|
|The before and after from that day|
|Yep, that's really how it happened...|
Friday, August 20, 2010
My main goal was to get some free coffee from World Market. They've always had a program where you buy a bag of coffee, you get a punch on your coffee card. After six punches, you get a free 12 oz bag of coffee! Now they're getting rid of the paper card and combining the coffee rewards with the World Market Explorer program. And....if you had at least 3 punches on your card, they'd go ahead and give you a free bag now for turning in your cards! ((So I did!)) While we were wandering around, I found this...
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
I didn't have a pattern or anything, I was pretty much making it up as I go! And I'm really happy with it! :)
I lined the back (because Mom likes things lined! I'm bad about forgetting it's a possibility hahaha! Things always look so nice and finished when they're lined! :) ).
Also, the pockets are actually "double-pockets" if that's a technical term. And I appliquéd flowers onto the pockets, made out of paisley shapes. :)
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Heats up Quickly
Pros: Retains Heat, Easy To Clean, Heats Quickly, Non-Stick, Durable
Cons: Uneven Heating, Handle Gets Hot
Best Uses: Simple Meals, Elaborate Meals, Gifts
Describe Yourself: Casual Cook
We got this to use when cooking pancakes so we could cook more than three at a time. I was able to cook 5 or 6 at a time, depending on the size of the pancakes. The handles do get a bit warm, even though they are covered. They are still cool enough to touch though. My stove is set up to where I had to put this on a small eye and a large eye, so naturally the two ends of the pan heated unevenly. To help with that, I turned the heat on the smaller eye up a little higher than the heat on the larger eye.
Sunday - Rested and relaxed in my apartment with Megan...watching Netflix and periodically checking on the girls who had moved in (although they were all pretty busy for the most part).
Monday - Training. I got a new book to read too (Three Cups of Tea). Every incoming student at Auburn (whether they are a Freshman or Transfer student) was assigned to read this book because some of their introductory classes are supposed to incorporate the book into lesson plans. Since I have a pretty large group of incoming students this year, my boss gave me (and the rest of the staff members) a copy of the book to read.
Tuesday - Training. We learned about our new online system for submitting documents and such for work! I like it! :)
Wednesday - Training. Listened to some guest speakers who gave us information about on-campus services and......
I got another blog award!!! :) Megan at A Ruffle in Time gave me...
Here's my bloggers I'm passing it on to!! :)
So I Say Living Life to the Fullest
Life After Yes
The Shepard Life
- I really can't remember when I learned to sew. There are pictures of my sister and I helping my mom stuff stuffing into a lot of baby dolls she was making. Granted, I wasn't using a needle and thread, I was still learning some necessary sewing skills! :)
- Once again, I don't really know when I started learning to play the piano...My Dad always played, and at some point, I decided I wanted to learn to play. I started taking piano lessons when I was in Kindergarten. I stopped lessons in the eighth grade, but still play from time to time when I go to my parent's house.
- I started dance classes the summer before my eighth grade year. My sister was taking lessons and my mom went to sign her up. While she was there, she was entered in a drawing for free summer lessons and won! I figured since it was free, I might as well try it!! I kept taking lessons through high school and danced off and on in undergrad as well.
- I started learning to speak French in the ninth grade. To be a candidate for the IB diploma, you had to take 4 years of a foreign language, so I did! When I got to Auburn, I wound up getting my minor in French as well! :)
- I learned to drive a little later than most. Since I was going to a demanding high school (30 minutes from home) and taking dance lessons, I didn't really have much time (or energy) to learn to drive...therefore, I got my license a few months before I turned 18, rather than right after I turned 16 like everyone else!
- I learned to swim....hhaha. I still can't swim to save my life. I tell everyone I learned to swim when I was around 14 or something. I took swimming lessons one summer, but I got demoted to the class below my younger sister...and she got promoted to my class. Slightly humiliating haha.
- I learned to make a latte when I got an espresso machine after we got married. :) I'd make them more often, but then I have to clean the machine haha (lazy, I know). But, when I do make them, I feel like they turn out pretty good! (Some of my barista friends have agreed with me, so that makes me feel better!!)
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Today, we're having about 20 of our 100 residents move in while we finish all our prep work in the building (finishing checking rooms and such). Needless to say, it's pretty busy around here today! Megan and I are taking a lunch break while we work on paperwork. But....tonight we have staff dinner, so we get to see a lot of folks we haven't seen since May!
Anywho, here's a glimpse at what some of the dads/brothers/boyfriends/recruited guy friends are going through right now!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Brown with some Auburn-ish highlight.
2. Which do you prefer, sunrises or sunsets?
mmmmm sunsets...They have soooo many colors!
3. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Hmm...probably if they remind me of anyone else. So not necessarily just eyes ir nose or something but "Do they remind me of anyone else I know?"
4. Do you prefer talking or texting on your cell phone?
Depends on the day and whatever else is going on.
5. What size of shoes do you wear?
Huge. haha. about a 9 or 10 but I still haven't quite grown into them. Adam calls me Ronald McDonald....