Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chocolate Oat Clusters

My mom used to make these cookies (or something extremely similar) when I was growing up.  It always made my day when she made these!  I don’t think I realized how incredibly simple they were (that and Jell-O…I always thought Jell-O was some expensive dessert to make, so I felt extra special when we had it at the house hahaha!  Mom laughed at me when she found that out!  I’ll keep it in mind when I have kids…”If you make good grades this semester, we’ll have Jell-O for dessert!” :) hehehehhe)

Anywho, here is the recipe that my Dad emailed me from a healthy living newsletter he got at work.  I made them about 5 minutes after he sent it to me, because that’s how long it took me to copy the recipe and gather the ingredients haha! :)

  • 2 tbs peanut butter
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  1. Place peanut butter, milk, & chocolate chips in a saucepan.  Cook over low heat until chips melt.
  2. Stir in oats & remove from heat.
  3. With a spoon, drop 8 (give or take) ball-shaped portions on a wax-paper lined baking sheet.
  4. Let set in fridge for 10 minutes before serving.

Next time, I made increase the PB and decrease the chocolate because Adam said they were a bit too  chocolate-y for him, but I loved them and so did the girls in my building! :)