Chocolate Oat Clusters

My mom used to make these cookies (or something extremely similar) when I was growing up.  It always made my day when she made these!  I don’t think I realized how incredibly simple they were (that and Jell-O…I always thought Jell-O was some expensive dessert to make, so I felt extra special when we had it at the house hahaha!  Mom laughed at me when she found that out!  I’ll keep it in mind when I have kids…”If you make good grades this semester, we’ll have Jell-O for dessert!” :) hehehehhe)

Anywho, here is the recipe that my Dad emailed me from a healthy living newsletter he got at work.  I made them about 5 minutes after he sent it to me, because that’s how long it took me to copy the recipe and gather the ingredients haha! :)

  • 2 tbs peanut butter
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  1. Place peanut butter, milk, & chocolate chips in a saucepan.  Cook over low heat until chips melt.
  2. Stir in oats & remove from heat.
  3. With a spoon, drop 8 (give or take) ball-shaped portions on a wax-paper lined baking sheet.
  4. Let set in fridge for 10 minutes before serving.

Next time, I made increase the PB and decrease the chocolate because Adam said they were a bit too  chocolate-y for him, but I loved them and so did the girls in my building! :)

Comments

  1. Ooohhh...I have been all about peanut butter and chocolate lately! I am going to try these! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor used to make these all the time and bring them over! No such thing as too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week