Hello Again!!

Seeing as to how it has been almost a MONTH since I've blogged...I've got a LOT to fill everyone in on.

  • So sorry it's been forever!  It's been a crazy (but good crazy) month!! :)
  • I PASSED MY COMPS! :) :)  Thank you to everyone who sent me encouraging emails, notes, and said you'd keep me in your prayers! I was super nervous, but super excited! :)
  • Non school related news: I GOT A SILHOUETTE SD! :)
  • Since I've passed my Comps, I've been working on finishing up the last of my schoolwork for the year.  All presentations, tests, papers, and abstracts are scheduled to be done by Thursday.  6 days.  In 6 days I will no longer be a student (at least for a little while). It's a strange, strange, strange thought for me. I'm still letting it sink in.
  • Speaking of not being a student, I'd like to take this time to reiterate that sometimes God has plans for us outside of what we may plan ourselves. Let me give you some proof of that... ((I’m linking up the verses))
    • Psalm 33:11 (Read all of Psalm 33...it's great!) "But the Lord's plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken."
    • Proverbs 16 (Read the entire chapter…) It starts with “We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer.” (v.1)
    • Jeremiah 29:11 (God’s talking to exiles here…letting them know that He hasn’t forgotten about them) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
    • Psalm 19:21 “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
    • Psalm 32:8 “The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advises you and watch over you.”
  • I say all of that because all the “plans” I’ve made for myself for the next few years are turning out a little different!  I’ve had a LOT of great opportunities at my school including a student job that allows me to go to school for next to nothing, numerous research opportunities to learn outside of the classroom (and play with some great kids!), and getting to know so many wonderful people through work and school.  I had “planned” on getting a PhD from Auburn, but after talking with a professor of mine who I was planning on studying under, we’ve discovered that there just isn’t anyone around here who has the experience that I need to learn from.  I want to work with children who have been diagnosed with cancer and/or other debilitating chronic illnesses.  I’d LOVE to work with them alongside their physical therapist, providing fun activities to help reinforce the training they receive from a PT.  Teaching a modified ballet class at a hospital maybe? :)  I’ve run so many of the other possibilities of what I can do with a Master’s in Exercise Science…and I just keep coming back to that!  Well, it just so happens that a PhD program that may be what I need is starting this year at a school 15 minutes from my parents house.  I’m taking the year off to pray lots while Adam finishes up his school, and we’ll see where God puts me after that!! :)  I’m pretty excited to tell you the truth!

And, can I just go ahead and say that this necklace is great! I decided to see what was on Etsy related to those verses I added and found this. I love it! :)

psalm 32 8

You can find this and several other verse-inspired jewelry and keychains at This Word’s For You

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week