Batch "Cooking" and Honey Garlic Chicken!

I've been on pinterest lately....a lot haha! One thing I came across that really caught my eye was batch cooking (particularly for the crockpot). The idea is that you prepare and freeze several meals in one day so that when you have a busy day, you can start it off by plopping a bag full of ingredients in the crockpot and forget about it. As Adam and I taste test them, I'll write them up here with any helpful suggestions for the recipe!

Honey Garlic Chicken

Modified from thekrazycouponlady.com/2011/09/07/crock-pot-freezer-meals-im-sharing-my-recipes

• About one pound chicken breasts
• 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/3 cup honey

Add all of the ingredients to a gallon size freezer bag (depending on the size of the chicken, a quart size bag could work). Cook in the crock pot either on high for 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

This was really good! We cooked it longer than we wanted to...all the way to the 8 hour mark, and the chicken wasn't dry at all! I might knock down the soy sauce amount next time just to make it a little sweeter.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week