Pumpkin Muffins!!

I've been meaning to make this for days...and finally remembered to!! :) They're cooking in the oven right now, and they already smell great!! The original recipe is from a book my in-laws gave me for my birthday: 1 Mix, 100 Muffins. My friend Callie and I changed up the recipe a little to make it healthier....here's our version!!

• 2 cups white whole wheat flour (by the way, I was very happy when I saw that this was the same price as regular white flour!!)
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (see below for how to make your own)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1/3 cup applesauce with cinnamon
• 15oz can of pumpkin purée

Mix everything (I'm never picky about mixing wet ingredients separate from dry....oops!) and pour into cute muffin wrappers in a muffin tin. Pour any extra into a sprayed loaf pan for a little loaf of bread. Bake at 400* for about 18-20 minutes! Cool slightly and drizzle a yummy glaze of powdered sugar, water, and cinnamon over the top!

Pumpkin Pie Spice...
1 part cinnamon, 1 part nutmeg, 1 part allspice ( we did 1 tsp of each and saved the extra in a spare spice jar for future recipes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week