Spaghetti Squash

Raise your hand if you've made this before!! I've heard of it a lot, and never remembered to actually buy the squash while I was at the store....well that changed today! :)  I made this (and sauce to go with it), and it's PERFECT without sauce! So...I'll be saving that for another day! :)

The recipe I found was from Emeril Lagasse, figured I couldn't go wrong there! :) (The link is embedded in the picture below if you want to open it in a new window! :) )


And....to help you out, I've included pictures because I had NO IDEA what this was supposed to look like while I was cooking it!! :)


Spaghetti Squash, ready to be cut! :)
Cut lengthwise! (Looks like a pumpkin inside!) 
Placed facedown in a baking dish.
(I put about 2 cups of water in the dish and it was perfect).


After baking facedown, flipping, baking some more, and taking out to cool, scoop out the seeds just like you would a pumpkin or a butternut squash.  This is what it looks like when you use the fork to pull the "spaghetti" away from the skin of the squash.
Saute in the pan for a little bit...yummm
SO GOOD!! Doesn't even need sauce!!
This tastes like the noodles that comes with some of the dishes at Olive Garden. :)

Hope you love it!! Let me know if you have any other recipes using spaghetti squash! This wasn't cheaper than spaghetti noodles, and wasn't quicker....but oh so good, and worth the extra 50cents-$1 and time! :) If you're curious about the nutritional content of spaghetti squash (without the butter and seasoning added), here's a link with everything you'd ever wonder! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week