Stuffed Bell Pepper Stew

Stuffed bell peppers are delicious. Honestly, I always buy bell peppers with the intention of stuffing them.....but they're a bit more work than I'm willing to put into dinner on a weekday, so they wind up getting used in some other dish.

Well, that happened again! This actually started out as "What's-in-the-fridge-that-needs-cooked-and-would-taste-good-in-a-stew?" Stew. After I started throwing things into my dutch oven, Adam came into the kitchen and asked me what I was making. I spouted off some combination of words that resembled: "Jambalaya rice stew with green bell peppers and corn" .... He looked at me and said, "Well it smells good...smells like stuffed bell peppers....looks like stuffed bell peppers!"

Stuffed Bell Pepper Stew was born.



Obviously, you can adjust the ingredients to match what you like in your bell peppers, but here's what was in my stew tonight!


1 (or 1.5) lb ground beef
1 box Jambalaya rice mix (mine is from Aldi, see picture below)
2.5 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1.5 cups frozen corn (could substitute 1 can of corn)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 green bell peppers, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
1 additional cup water
1 cup chicken broth (I dissolved a bouillon cube to make mine).
Shredded cheese

Cook the ground beef in a large saucepan, drain and set aside. Combine 2 1/2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of veggie oil to a boil. Add rice, Jabalaya mix seasoning, and cooked meat. Return to a boil. Reduce heat, add other ingredients, cover and stir periodically until rice is tender (about 25 minutes).

Serve in a bowl and cover it in shredded cheese.....yummmmmm. :)

This is the jambalaya rice mix I used....like all of the ingredients here (except the frozen corn...it was leftover in my freezer from pre-Aldi-near-my-house days), it is from Aldi...my favorite grocery store!

                                     

Comments

  1. That bell pepper stew looks sooooo delicious. I love peppers, but my husband hates them so I end up leaving them out of all my recipes. Maybe I'll make a pot just for me and my daughters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week