Happy First Birthday! (blue + green)

The first birthday party went great!  The weather was perfect for an outdoor party. :)
I'm glad, because I really didn't want to have to redirect everyone to the church that's a walk through a big yard…in the rain!

For the cake, I had intended on making a candy shell for the bottom half of the cake.  At the last minute, I decided to make the bottom half a huge rice krispie treat! :) (Thanks Sarah for the help with that!)  I did stick with the original plan to ice the cake with blue and green rosettes.


I decorated a tshirt using leftover fabric from his crib skirt, and my mom made some shorts to match!

We hung pennant flags from azalea bushes in the front yard and around his high chair (Thanks to Julia and Sarah for helping with that)  and hung green and blue gallons from the Magnolia tree and on the mailbox (Thanks Rachel for taking care of all the balloon inflating!!)  For seating, we set out camping chairs (and our Eagle's Nest Swing), and for entertainment we brought out some of Cole's favorite toys as well as an assortment of volleyballs, footballs, and bouncy balls (all were quite popular!)

For snacks, we decided to go with some of Cole's favorite snacks (Nilla wafers, teddy grahams, green apples, oatmeal cookies, cheese-its, Goldfish, and cupcakes of course) and had sweet tea, water, coffee, and blue gatorade for everyone to drink.


When he was born, I didn't buy a traditional baby book (I knew I'd never remember to fill in all of the blanks!), so I bought a journal to match his nursery instead.  When people came to the baby showers, they signed in there or wrote notes to Cole.  After the showers, I recorded all of the gifts in the journal.  I took the journal with me to the hospital and tried to remember to get visitors to sign in there. (I made sure to get our nurse that took care of us post-delivery to sign it…we loved her and she loved Cole!)  Since his birth, I've added his growth information (Our doctor gives us slips of paper at each visit with his measurements at each visit) and wrote notes to him along the way talking about how he's growing up.  I bet you see where I'm going with this….
I brought the journal back out for this party.  I didn't print invitations (All word of mouth and Facebook haha!), but I did print one on photo paper to put in the journal and had everyone sign in when they stopped by. :)

Overall, we had a blast, and I'm pretty sure our Cole man did too! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week