Best Baked "Fried" Chicken Ever!

Adam saw a recipe for Corn Flake Chicken on the box of Corn Flakes at my parents house, an he's been craving it ever since. The boxes at my grocery store didn't have the recipe printed on the side, so I googled it and found the recipe on Kellogg's website (http://www2.kelloggs.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?id=1058). Of course, we made changes...
I made some delicious bake ranch chicken a few weeks ago, so we sort of mixed the two recipes into one.

Here's the final (healthier!!) recipe!

• Chicken (I had 2 chicken thighs, so roughly a pound of chicken...since I was I only cooking for two people.
• 1 1/2 cup corn flakes
• 1 egg (I recently heard that flax seed and water can be an egg sub..let me know if you know anything about that because that would make this even healthier!)
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup white wheat flour
• pinch of salt, pinch of pepper
• 1 1/2 tbs Ranch dressing powder (the kind that comes in a packet. I bought a big bottle of it at Sam's and I'm so glad I did!)
• olive oil (about 2tbs)
**Preheat oven to 350* **

1.Crush the corn flake in a flat dish and set aside
2. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients (minus the chicken and olive oil).
3. Remove any skin from the chicken, coat in the egg mixture, the coat in the corn flakes. Place in an aluminum foil-lined pan.
4. Drizzle olive oil around the chicken (and a smidgen on top).
5. Bake for 35 minutes at 350*.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week