{Mostly} Healthy Banana Muffins

If you were to open my most used cookbook (Betty Crocker's Cookbook...that I snagged from Mom's cabinet when she bought an updated version ...) you would see page 199 --page with the muffin recipe-- is covered in oil, flour, sugar, blueberry stains. It's pretty great. :)

This morning, I took the recipe for Banana Muffins and tweaked it to make it a little healthier.  Cole waited (not-so-patiently haha) this morning for them to cool off so he could try one! I used 2 bananas, but if you want an extra kick of banana flavor, use three (and the more ripe the better!)

A few things I sometimes do with recipes to make them healthier are:
*Use flax seed + water as an egg substitute* (Then I can eat the batter guilt-free!)
*Use honey to replace all or some sugar.*
*Use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.* I use LouAna Coconut Oil if I don't want a coconut flavor and ALDI or Spectrum Virgin Organic Coconut Oil if I do want coconut flavor added.

Hope you love them!

{Banana Muffins}
1 Tbs Flax Seed
3 Tbs water
1/3 cup milk
2-3 mashed bananas
1/2 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Preheat your over to 400*. Whisk together the flax seed, water, and milk.  Add in the bananas and coconut oil. Add honey, sugar, and flour, and mix until flour is incorporated (will be lumpy, especially if bananas aren't entirely mushed).  Fill 12 greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full and bake about 20 minutes (until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week