I’ve got another simple, yet yummy, recipe for you!
I made this casserole a few days ago. My sister saw the leftovers in the fridge today and said she wanted to try it (that’s a compliment in my book because she is (used to be?) a picky eater! I figured if she likes it…it must be worth sharing! :)
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 1 can of chicken
- 1/2 diced tomato**
- 1/2 diced green pepper**
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1/2 cup milk
- Italian seasoning (about 1.5 tbs)
- noodles of your choice
- shredded cheese (I used Cheddar-Monterey Jack)
- tortilla chips (this is a great way to use up those little pieces of chips at the bottom of the bag!!)
**1/2 to 1 can of Rotel can be substituted for the tomato and green pepper if you like! :)
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Cook the noodles. Use as many as you like, as long as they fit in the dish! :) About 2-3 servings, give or take! I used spaghetti noodles, but use any kind! :)
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, tomato, pepper, cream of chicken, milk, seasoning, and noodles.
- Pour into a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Top with broken tortilla chips and cheese!!! (the more cheese the better :) )
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (until you can see the casserole bubbling around the edges.)