365 Miles in 365 Days

    Way back in 2010 (seriously, that feels like a couple of years ago....but it was 14 years ago!) I started tracking my progress of running/biking 365 miles in 365 days on a page on this blog that I never published. (I didn't get too far haha!) I just stumbled across that page and decided since I started running again this week, it's probably a good time to try that goal again.

    I was never a big long distance runner, but I did train for a 5K roughly once a month for a few years while in college (and ran a one mile fun run with my Dad the morning of my wedding.) 
 


    If I wasn't racing in a 5K, I would just challenge myself to run the 3.1 miles around campus or around town once a month or so (in between my regular runs with a friend where we finished our run with a trip to the coffee shop!). In the mix of all the 5Ks, we signed up for one half marathon.....what a terrible idea haha! We had fun the day of the race, but leading up to the race we didn't train like we should have...so we walked the majority of the race. There was a storm that delayed the start time on Saturday morning so they rescheduled start times into two parts for Sunday morning. If you wanted to try to finish before you church service started, you could come to an earlier start time, or you could stick with the original start time. We tried to make it to the early start....but I think it was around 6am and with the storms the day/night before we didn't sleep well. We did make it to the later start time with plenty of time to pick up our race packet, stretch, and hang out. We both started out with a good jog, but then I stopped around mile 4 haha! I jogged off and on after that, but I had rolled my ankle (not uncommon for me) and was way out of practice. Adam ran until mile 6.5, then stopped to wait for me when he got to the halfway point. We walked for the last 6.5 or so miles. We had fun with our little Sunday morning stroll, but if we ever do another half marathon, I definitely want to be better prepared haha! We didn't finish last though, three people finished after us!


255 - Adam Lucas - Auburn AL - 3361 - 24 - M - 25 20-29 - 3:10:53.62 - 14:34/M
256 - Wendy Lucas - Auburn AL - 3362 - 25 - F - 44 20-29 - 3:10:54.28 - 14:34/M
    I'm re-starting small (and already feeling the pain after one run ha!), but I'd love to work up to being able to run another 5K! I think the last one I ran was when Blake was about a year old and Cole crossed the finish line with me (wearing Paw's tag after Paw already ran, if I remember correctly). I'll start logging my miles below....and maybe I'll go buy myself a coffee when I hit miles 365! :)




Total: 14.72 miles, 97 days
    **I need to start upping my distance and frequency!!**
  • August 30, 2024 - 1.56 miles - treadmill - average page 15'23" (I really need to remember my earphones when I go to the gym! It helped that tennis was on the tv to distract me thought haha!)
  • July 25, 2024 - 1.70 miles - didn't want to overdo it since I couldn't hardly move on July 21 after taking over a month break from running haha! 25'31" with a 15'pace.
  • July 20, 2024 - 2.01 miles - hip started hurting, so life walking than I planned, but still a 15' pace in 30' total run/walk!
  • June 13, 2024 - 1.71 miles - longer walk warmup followed by faster run on the treadmill (topped out at 6.0 speed) then a cooldown. Average pace 15'00" (and how about I synced my watch to the treadmill, but then forgot to confirm that I was planning on running haha! So it thinks I did 1.44 miles.
  • June 7, 2024 - 1.25 miles - short run with longer stride walk to stretch on treadmill - average pace 16'12"
  • June 6, 2024 - 2.10 miles - walk outside with friends - average pace 25'01"
  • June 3, 2024 - 1.35 miles - 1.15mi run with ~.1mi walk warmup/cooldown combined treadmill - average pace including warmup/cooldown 13'02"
  • May 29, 2024 - 1.53 miles - 1.0mi run with ~.5mi walk warmup/cooldown combined - treadmill - average pace including warmup/cooldown 13'38"
  • May 25, 2024 - 1.52 miles - 1.0mi run with ~.5mi walk warmup/cooldown combined - treadmill - average pace including warmup/cooldown 13'22"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

What's going on in Summer 2024?

Meal Plan for this Week