Meal Plan for this Week

 I'm going to try to start posting my meal plans each week....mostly so I can refer back to them later! If you want to see all my previous meal plans (some are monthly, some are weekly), you can see them here. Future ones will be tagged too if you want to bookmark that link.

I always make sure to include some meals designated for leftovers to hopefully reduce the chance of forgetting about food in the back of the fridge.

Breakfasts tend to switch between cereal & oatmeal or granola, with the occasional muffins or cinnamon rolls thrown in. As everyone is waking up, they can fix their breakfast with some coffee or hot cocoa, and pick out a book or quiet activity like coloring to do while eating while we wait for the day to get started.


SUNDAY

Cereal

Eggs & Rice
I'm sure there's a better name for this, 
but it's basically rice topped with a fried egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, butter, and sriracha. It's such a delicious rainy day comfort food!

Grilled Sandwiches
I'll make a fresh loaf of bread after church and it'll be ready for grilled cheese, grilled PBJ, or grilled pepperoni and cheese sandwiches by dinnertime.

MONDAY

Oatmeal
We typically have old fashioned or quick cooking oats in a jar on the counter and I use those to make some fun varieties of oatmeal for the kids. I think their current favorite is Smores, which is where I stir in chocolate chips and top with graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows.

Korean Ground Beef & Broccoli
We may use this recipe that I pinned on Pinterest, or something similar that Adam makes.

Pizza
Basketball practice nights are a good excuse to pick up a pizza!

TUESDAY

Cereal

Leftovers
 I'll need to start another loaf of bread while we eat lunch. Actually, I'll make two.

Cheesy Taco Pasta
I found this recipe on Pinterest and it sounds really good!

WEDNESDAY

Oatmeal

"Lunchables"
This is another name for "Kid Charcuterie" at our house. Basically, I get out any crackers, fruit, trail mix, cheese, peanut butter (for crackers or on a spoon), and anything else that seems good and make mini platters for everyone.

Sandwiches

THURSDAY
Thursdays are a busy day for us, so it's a good day for something simple.

Cereal

Sandwiches

Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon

FRIDAY

Oatmeal
...and time to make more bread! I may make some buffalo chicken dip as well to have to snack on for the next few days (or to put on top of loaded tater tots).

Loaded Tater Tots
Make a big pan of tater tots (top them with ranch seasoning to make them really good!) Then load them up with cheese, taco meat, barbeque, shredded chicken or turkey, bacon....so good! This is usually a good way for me to clear out some frozen leftovers too.

Leftovers

SATURDAY

Muffins
I have an oatmeal muffin recipe that I can either cook the night before or I can mix up the dry ingredients and keep them in my cabinet. It's really simple and filling for days when we are going to have a busy morning and need something to keep us full.

"Lunchables"

Spaghetti & Toast





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023