Planning a One Year Birthday Party

In less than one month, we'll be having a 1st Birthday at our house (weird).

I've been asked since before he was born what the theme of the party will be…when my sister had her 1st Birthday, I don't remember us having a theme…but that was the days before Pinterest. ;)

I've thought of several themes….from Lego Fireman to Sesame Street to SuperWhy (my kid loves the music in the show and will stop what he's doing to listen and dance to every time they start singing!).  BUT I decided I wanted to carry over the theme from his baby shower and baby tea…both matched his blue and green nursery with a tree on the wall.

We have a gorgeous Magnolia tree in our front yard, so we've decided to set up most of the party in the shade of that tree.  Planning for a party at your house right at Spring Cleaning time is apparently a great way to motivate you to clean out your entire house and yard….just so you know….(if you stop by my house right now, don't judge!)


One of my cousins had an oversized cupcake for her little girl's first birthday, and I loved the idea (especially since I already have the pan for that! ;)).  I remembered last time I made a cake in that pan, that icing the bottom half of the cupcake was the hardest part…but I found a great tutorial for how to make a candy "cupcake liner" for the big cupcake!  Also, I love the rosette look on top of the cupcake…and I might do some sort of variating shades of blue and green like here.

Granted, whatever he wears when he digs into a cake is going to get messy…but a shirt like this from Lil Threadz Clothing would be adorable before he's covered in cake and icing!!

Sadly, I haven't changed the garden flag in my front yard (today maybe?)….my cute spring flag is packed in the closet, and our flag currently says something about fall being in the air….oops.  Maybe I'll make something like one of these flags at Modern Rustic Girl for the party.

While shopping at Hobby Lobby one day, I came across some great cupcake liners for dirt cheap.  They have the number 1 on them, and are surrounded in blue, green, and red polka dots! I'll make cupcakes and display them similarly to how these folks did at this blue and green party.

I put pennant flags on his invitation, and I'm thinking of hanging some in front of the house somewhere (like these at Vintage Green Limited)…and maybe hanging some around the cupcakes (like these at Hartranftdesign)…we'll see what happens! I'll post some pictures after the party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week