Glass Etching - Fun Way to Make Personalized Gifts!

I posted this tutorial on my building's blog last week
and I thought y'all might be interested in learning to etch glass! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're etching glass tonight!  

You need:
Contact Paper
Clear Glass
Armor Etch etching cream
cheap paintbrush
something to trace (image, monogram)
sharpie
masking tape
rubber gloves
X-Acto knife
These are like the glass in the picture:

Step 1
Tape a piece of contact paper (still on the paper backing) over the image or letter you are tracing.

Step 2
Trace the image with a sharpie.  I find it helpful to fill in all of the areas that you want to be frosted so you know what to cut out later.  Place the sticker on the glass where you want the image to be.

Step 3
Can you see the lines where I cut around the image with an X-Acto knife?
That's what you should do! Trace around the image/letter.

Step 4
Start peeling away the contact paper to uncover the part of the glass that you want to be etched (or frosted).

Step 5
Looking at the glass now, everything that is uncovered will be etched and everything covered will stay as it is.

Step 6

Wear gloves for this part!!  Start painting the ArmorEtch onto the contact paper.  Make sure to cover the areas you want etched.

Step 7
Let sit for 5-10 minutes

Step 8
Rinse in the sink (still wearing your gloves).  Remove all the contact paper and your glass is done!

Comments

  1. I don't know how I missed this, but that is really cool! Etching glass has always intimidated me, but you make it look so easy! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, now I want to do this too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week