Meatless Manicotti – aka My husband’s new favorite food

Kuzak’s Closet posted a delicious recipe for Meatless Manicotti back in August and I’ve been wanting to make it ever since.  Well, I finally did, and as soon as it was gone, the hubby wanted me to make more.  He’s requested it every day for dinner since then!  I guess I’ll have to put it on the April meal plan more than once huh? :)

downsized_0314012157

The only changes I made to her recipe were that I use ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese.  Also, I just happened to be watching one of those cake decorating shows (I believe it was Cake Boss this time!) and thought, “Piping would work great for getting this cheese mixture into these shells!” So…I put the cheese/spinach mixture into a ziploc bag and cut off one corner (so that the hold is smaller than one end of the shell) and piped the mixture into each shell.  It worked perfectly!  In fact, after stuffing each shell so that there was no more room, I still had extra cheese mixture.  Adam wants to try some manicotti with meat too, so if I do manicotti twice in April, I’ll do once with meat and once without!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing my recipe, it is a good one! I am glad your husband likes it, they say the way to a man's heart is through food and this recipe does the trick for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week