Chicken & Corn Dip

Sometimes, I just want to eat "tailgate food" with dinner. That might be why my last post was about pigs in a blanket and this post is about Chicken & Corn Dip! This is a QUICK recipe, so if you need a last minute dish to take to a party, tailgate, get together (or just a late night snack), this is the one!

*Also, this recipe is Beau Approved*


You can bake all this in the oven, but it works just as well in the microwave!
(These are the chip & dip bowls we have. My Mother-in-Law gave them to me and they make a great snack bowl! Amazon has similar ones in both stoneware and plastic).


Here's my notes while looking at a few other recipes to make my own. I was going to use sour cream, which is usually a staple in my fridge...but I thought I was out, then when I saw it at the back of the fridge, I knew it needed to go. I don't think the chickens would even snack on it! That said, I went to look up replacement options for sour cream when used in dips and two that I kept seeing were buttermilk or yogurt. If you use buttermilk (like I did), you decrease the amount a little, so keep that in mind. Another option was to make your own sour cream, which sounded really cool but I wasn't willing to wait 2-3 days for it to set up. :)

Another thing to note about this recipe is the Lime Crema Sauce. That was an accidental find at Target a few years ago, and now we keep it stocked in our fridge! It's essentially lime juice and sour cream, but nice to have on hand for tacos, rice bowls, and sandwiches! (For all you cilantro lovers, this has cilantro. But for all you cilantro haters, this has cilantro.)


Don't worry, there's a new jar in the fridge!

So the recipe is super simple. Cut the cream cheese into a few squares and microwave it in a glass dish. Microwave for one minute, stirring about halfway through. Open up a can of chicken, drain it, and add it to the dish. Open up a can of corn, drain it, and add it to the dish. Add your buttermilk/sour cream/yogurt, then toss in some taco seasoning (more or less to taste...we like to buy the bulk jars rather than packets, but either will work!), lime crema sauce (or a little lime juice), and shredded cheese! Stir it all up and microwave two more minutes, stirring halfway. This took *maybe* 10 minutes for me to throw together.

We ate ours with tortilla chips, but it would be good with bell pepper slices, carrots, or celery too!

-------------------------------------------------------

Chicken & Corn Dip

Lucas Corner Farmhouse -- wendyandadam.blogspot.com

  • 1 block (8oz) cream cheese
  • 1 can chicken (I used a 10 oz can, you can use more or less)
  • 1 can corn (I used 15.25 oz can, you can use more or less)
  • 1/3 cup buttermilk (or 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup yogurt)
  • 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (more or less to taste)
  • 3 Tbsp Lime Crema Sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  1. Cube the cream cheese, place in a microwave safe bowl or dish and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then for 30 more seconds.
  2. Drain the chicken and the corn and add to the dish with all the other ingredients and stir.
  3. Microwave one minute, stir, then microwave one more minute.
  4. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, pita, or toast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week