New dress-from-a-skirt refashion (again!)

Raise your hand if you remember this dress I made from a skirt I got at the thrift store!

Well, I tweaked it again!  Since the back was somewhat stretchy, it didn’t stay up too well, so I was already considering adding straps of some sort!

I saw on Martha Stewart’s site instructions for a really cute dress from a skirt…

(Find the instructions and a video here!)

Sooooo……..I did some sewing and made this!!

0531011427

That’s just some leftover bias tape I had in my sewing box that I used for the strap and sash.

Today, I finished the sash by hot gluing a cluster of matching buttons onto a pin backing.  Then, I’ll use the pin (or brooch if you’re feeling fancy! :) ) to hold the ends of the bias tape together for the sash!

0602011959

I decided I should throw in the plaid green button because I’m pretty sure it’s from a dress my mom made and wore when I was younger…if it’s not, it reminds of that dress! :)

I’m linking up here! Smile

make it wear it

Creations by Kara

Comments

  1. Oh wow, it's adorable, I love it!!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and yes that button is from a dress I made about 15 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!! I am definitely going to be your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup.. And Giving away giveaways on mineral make-up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week