Spicy Sausage and Pasta Skillet

I got home from work with absolutely nothing planned for dinner tonight....I have a FREEZER FULL of meat, but cooking a last minute dinner with frozen solid meat is hard to do. I had about a half pound of venison sausage (it wouldn't fit in the freezer haha)....so....I looked in all of my cookbooks for a quick recipe. Keep in mind, I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow, so anything that requires milk is out (making my sausage casserole a no-go tonight!) I found a recipe for Tex-Mex Fettuccine in The $7 a Meal Cookbook that sounded good and I had (almost) all of the ingredients on hand. I want to try the original recipe one day, but until I have those ingredients, here's what I'm eating right now (which is quite tasty if I say so myself!! :) )


  • 1/2 lb sausage (I used medium heat venison sausage)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion (I buy several onions at once, chop them, and freeze them in bags of 1/2c-1c measurements, so the onion becomes a quick and easy recipe addition)
  • 1tsp garlic salt
  • 1tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4c chopped red pepper (same thing as with onions....chop peppers ahead of time and freeze, or freeze them whole and then they don't squirt juice and seeds everywhere when you cut them)
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1cup)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 c cooking cream cheese (I used regular cream cheese and it didn't melt as well as I would like....so stick with cooking cream)
  • 1 box if your favorite noodles! (I used a 12oz box of Ronzoni Garden Delight Fettuccine)
  • your favorite cheeses to top it off (Parmesan and a shredded mix for us)


In a saucepan, cook your noodles. Meanwhile, brown the sausage, onion, and garlic together. Drain, then add the tomato and peppers. Simmer, then add the cooking cream. Bring back to a boil, then simmer until the noodles are cooked. Drain the noodles and add to your sausage mixture. Top with your favorite cheeses! :) ((I was thinking, it might be tasty with a bag of frozen corn added when you add the tomato and peppers...let me know if you try that and it turns out good! :) ))


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week