Super Simple Dinner

Inspired by my FAVORITE sandwich in France!

Tonight for dinner, I decided to put a little twist on the sandwich I've been craving since I got back from my trip to France.  I wish I could remember the name of at least one sandwicherie where I got the sandwiches I'm talking about...but I can't.  I know I got one in Les Baux de Provence, and I'm pretty sure I got another in Avignon.  (Oh! And I got a sandwich similar to it at the Louvre as well!) Anywho, the sandwich was on a baguette sliced like a sub, with tomato, mozarella, basil, and spinach.  Once I got the sandwich grilled, another time I didn't...but either way, they slide the sandwich into a paper sleeve so you can walk around and shop while you eat.  It's fantastic!  Wish I could find a good picture, but I just didn't see one that shows everything I'm talking about ((Imagine Subway...but better because it's on a baguette and it's not packed super full...just enough for you to eat the entire thing and still have room for some frites ...the best fries you'll ever eat.))

So anywho...I took the ingredients from my favorite French sandwich...and I took what Adam calls "Basil Toast" or "Bruchetta Stuff" that I've made before...combined the idea of each into a "toast" that we wound up folding into little half sandwiches...cooked some noodles...and viola! Dinner.


Instructions (Pictures at the end)
  1. Preheat the oven to about 450* and get out your ingredients! Bread (Really good on French bread obviously...but I looked at mine this morning and it was a smidgen moldy, so I didn't trust it :( ) Tomato, Pesto, Spinach, Mozzarella.
  2. Spread the Pesto on the Bread. 
  3. Pull the stem off the Spinach and place the spinach in smaller pieces on the Bread.
  4. Slice the Tomato into thin slices (or thick if yo like!) and place on the Bread.
  5. Slice the Mozarella into squares and place on the Bread.
  6. Cook for about ten minutes, or until the cheese is melty and the edges of the bread is toasty.
  7. Serve with noodles with your favorite sauce! (More Pesto please for me! And Marinara for the hubby! ((Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo is also delicious!!))
**Tips to make it even simpler**
---Use canned diced tomatoes (drain before placing the tomato pieces on the bread
---Use pre-shredded cheese (mozzarella, or whatever kind you have in the fridge!)




Yummy!!!


    Keeping It Simple


    The Girl Creative


    Photobucket


    Mandy's Yellow Corner

    Comments

    1. Sorry!!! We finished them off pretty quick... But I think tomorrow I might make one into a real-live sandwich instead of just toast for lunch :) YUUUMMMMM :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yum! I like to use those round sandwich thins and I bet this would be tasty on those as well!

      What is your favorite recipe when hosting guests in your home? Stop over and link it to my party if you get a chance!

      Have a blessed week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh I think I know what you're talking about and you're right, they would be good! I'll think of a good entertainment dish this week to post before Wednesday...hmmm.... :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. This has to be the best idea in a long time for a simple supper. French bread is better hmmmm.... yep got it covered. Ready to make. Thank you so much for posting this and I am so glad I found it while looking for a new idea for 2 for supper tonight.

      ReplyDelete
    5. YUMMMM I could eat that right now!!! Please come link it up on MIdchix in the Mama Can Cook Flock!
      http://www.midchix.com/
      So easy and so good!~

      ReplyDelete
    6. SUPER YUMMY!
      Thank you for linking up to French Obsession.
      Xo
      Frenchy

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh my goodness... Looks YUMMY!
      I will give it a try!
      Leticia

      ReplyDelete
    8. O my. . . my husband is going to love this! :]

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    My Cleaning Schedule

    Prime Day Deals 2023

    Meal Plan for this Week