Thing I Learned in France

I started working on my France scrapbook yesterday! (Thanks Mom for getting me the scrapbook, paper, and stickers!)  I kept a journal while I was over there of what I did every day, things to remember to pack next time that would have been really handy (or that I found came in handy), as well as places my family members would enjoy.  One list I kept was a list of things I learned about France that just weren't things I could learn in my 9 years of studying French in high school and undergrad.  Some stemmed from jokes and  "you had to be there" experiences, but some are handy tips to keep in mind if you ever go to France.


  1. Washrags are apparently unimportant.
  2. The sun goes down at 10pm and gets up at 6pm (hence, I do the same).
  3. Stores open when the owners decide to get there and sometimes they even close for lunch.
  4. The French are friendly--the tourists aren't always so friendly.
  5. Something I already knew: Jeans, a t-shirt, and a pair of flip flops are the perfect outfit for almost any weather.
  6. The metro isn't so bad, unless you ride it during rush hour and you're already sweaty (because everyone else on there is too.)
  7. Jousting Fencing works out leg muscles that I learned about in class, but I'm pretty sure I've never been aware of before.
  8. Washing your face and feet at the end of the day is a fantastic feeling.
  9. The French love Nilla Wafers too, but they call them "Les Langues du Chat" or Cat Tongues.  Apparently there is another equivalent in AMerica called Lady Fingers.  (I think I'll stick to Nilla Wafers.)
  10. I'm definitely a hands-on learner.
  11. I look somewhere between the ages of 14 and 18, not 23.
  12. I speak French pretty well, but I still don't have a lot of confidence in my French-speaking skills. (Compliments from the friendly French help build that confidence though!!)
  13. Showering without a shower curtain est un peu dificile.....
  14. Roses taste good.


P.S. Pictures are uploaded! :)



Photobucket

Comments

  1. This is cool! Yes, we have our little habits like washing our feet in the bidet before going to bed. Langue de chat are like vanilla wafers! Now i figure it! The French ones taste homemade though...YUM!
    Thank you for linking up! SO lovely!
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for Langue de Chat ever since I've returned...no luck yet! And I agree, they DO taste homemade!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week