Broccoli & Cheese Casserole

Dinner needed cooked and the freezer needed emptying...
problem solved...

We had some soup that was leftover from dinner a while back that we froze (Broccoli Cheddar soup from Alice.com...super yummy but it made more than the two of us could eat!)  When we ate it the first time, it was a little thinner than we wanted and more cheddar-y than broccoli-y.  Well, we weren't really in the mood for soup tonight, so I thawed out the soup and added 1/2 cup of pureed broccoli (I keep several pureed veggies in the freezer to "sneak" into foods).  When everything was unfrozen, I added in some noodles (wish I did rice, but noodles tasted delicious :) ), poured the mixture into an 8x8 pan and topped it with about 7 crushed club crackers (since it was a smaller casserole) and some shredded mixed cheese.  I put it in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes (until the edges were bubbling) and it was sooooo good!! :) I'm just sad that there aren't a lot of leftovers hhahaa...just enough for lunch tomorrow!
I had a better picture (this ones colors are funny and I can't seem to fix them..whatever) but I accidentally deleted it off the camera and didn't realize it until the casserole was pretty much gone haha.

While I was working on finishing up the casserole, Adam used our last tomato to make the yummy tomato slices he's made before. :) We put them over some spinach leaves and had quite a scrumptious meal (with Pillsbury croissants on the side!)


All Thingz Related


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!


Comments

  1. mmmm that looks good! i'm trying to clean out our fridge before i go to the store. i think we will be eating random things this week! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! It looks like it was delicious!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it WAS delicious...that night...and the next day :)

    I'm thinking I could probably sub the frozen leftover soup for just a can of broccoli & cheese soup next time (since I don't have anymore leftover soup!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me! Thank you for sharing this great casserole recipe with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week