Spiced Honey Pear Bread

I saw this over at Paint Chips and Frying Pans and wanted to try it since I had a few pears that needed used!

I tweaked the recipe a little based on what was in my cabinet & how long it took for my bread to cook... (and based on how much I love cinnamon!!).

1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce (equal to 2 pureed apples in case you're like me and don't have applesauce!)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 peeled, chopped pears

Preheat the oven to 350*.  Mix everything but the pears.  Add the pears when everything is well blended.  Bake for 1 hour.  Take it out and cool on a cooling rack!  Be prepared for a yummy smelling kitchen!!!! :) :) :)

Comments

  1. Yummy, looks good! Save a piece for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!

    This bread looks yummy! Do you think I could I sub something for the honey (allergic)? Maybe maple syrup?

    Jake and I are working on getting back into the swing of things after an unintentional blogging hiatus this summer. I thought of you guys when Jake and I ate an A & W restaurant in Cape Cod during our vacation last month. :) I'm looking forward to getting caught up on your posts!

    Alison
    http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that looks so yummy!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Maria from:
    http://mycurrenthobby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your recipes! I hope I can try a few soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week