Oreo Balls (my sister's specialty)

My sister started making these oreo balls a few Christmas' ago to take to my Grandmother's house.  They are soooo good.  The other day, the other RA in my building made Cake Balls (delicious.) and some residents started talking about how great oreo balls would be one day.  I picked up the hint! We're having them at a floor mingler where we're playing "People Bingo."  We're not using the same board that's in that link, but you get the drift!

So...here's how to make oreo balls :)

1 package of oreos
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 package white almond bar

Put the cream cheese in a bowl and let it start to soften while you make good use of your food processor for the next few minutes.  Put your oreos in your food processor and chop 'em up till they're tiny.  After I finished, I realized it probably would have been a good idea to crush them in a ziploc bag beforehand, but oh well!  Once they're all crumbs, add the oreos to your cream cheese and mix it as well as you can. (I did this pat slowly, adding about 8 or 10 crushed oreos at a time).  You'll get to a point where you just can't mix with a spoon anymore, so push up your sleeves, put on your apron and mix with your hands.

Once everything is mixed nicely,  roll the mixture into about 1 inch balls.  (I used a melon scoop to make them about the same size).  Chill them in the refrigerator about one hour.  Just before you take the oreo balls out, melt your delicious almond bar.  Now coat the oreo balls and let them set to harden before eating sampling serving. :)  I think when my sister does this, she rolls them in the bowl with the melted almond bar, but I stuck a toothpick in them and used that to dip them and pull them back out.  I made two batches and came up with 75 oreo balls.  Perfect for the 26 people that came to my activity tonight!!!




Oreos in the food processer



Mixing oreos and cream cheese



yummmmmm



oreo balls minus chocolate



Yummy yummy yummy yummy



Some of the people left when I remembered to get a group picture

Linda Link Badge

Comments

  1. These are my FAVORITE! My mother in law made them for Christmas, and I chowed down on them all week - she even had to make another batch just for me! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Adam's already getting me to make a batch to take to the fire station Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These look delicious! Can't wait to show Lil Tony! We might have to make them this weekend!

    I would love if you would join in on our cookie party and share your recipe!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! My mouth is watering right now! I will definitely try making these! I love to make treats at Christmas time for little gifts,and these would be perfect (if there would be any left over after we "sampled" them, that is)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My aunt will sometimes make those for the holidays. They are SO GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, these look SO good! I've had some similar ones, but nothing exactly like this. I can see why everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week