Shopping through affiliate links and ads on our blog may give us a small commission at no extra cost to you! We love a good deal and love sharing a good deal when we find one!
30 Day Blog Challenge : Day 2 : Meaning behind your blog name
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
A & W are our initials! :) Just so happens, A&W Root beer is one of my favorite drinks. :)
1/8/2024 Update! I wrote this post 12 years ago!! Every spring and every January, my blog (that I don't update nearly often enough!) gets a lot of attention on this post about a simple cleaning plan! That makes a lot of sense though, right? That said, I noticed while doing laundry this week that it's time to buy some fresh microfiber towels for us to use for wiping down surfaces. While I'm shopping, I'm going to make a list here of some of our go-to cleaning supplies that you can find online. Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - I use these for just about everything. I've had more and less expensive ones over the years, but I find as long as I wash them separate from any lint towels, they hold up well for a few years. Glass Spray Bottles - I have one (and need more!). I like to dilute a little castile soap or dish soap in one for the boys to help clean surfaces. Currently, I have homemade pine cleaner in mine. I put a bunch of fresh pine straw in a jar, filled it with vin...
I'm working on putting together a list library events, church events, and community events this summer (Find that here!) . But for the days when you want to be at home, here is a growing list of simple, but fun activities you can do at home to keep kids entertained on rainy days or when school is out. I've included some affiliate links from Amazon to hopefully help you find some good deals. If you click on them and buy anything (not just what I've linked!), I get a super small commission at no extra cost to you. I hope this helps you prepare for a fun summer with your kids!! Contractor Paper - I'm starting here because this is *key* to helping for easy clean up for some of the activities I'm adding at the bottom of this list haha! You can get contractor paper/kraft paper/butcher paper on Amazon in different widths ( we have this one for covering a smaller space ), but the best deal is to run to Home Depot or Lowe's and spend under $20 for a BIG roll ! Harb...
UPDATE 2025 Events are posted on the new blog here: https://lucascornerfarmhouse.wordpress.com/2025/05/15/whats-happening-in-summer-2025/ When school is out for all our friends, we're always looking for something fun to do together at one of our houses or around town. I've been putting together a list of fun events in our area (Jefferson/Blount/Walker/Cullman counties) so we will never be bored! There's no way we can be at all of these, but I'm keeping them on my radar. If you know of something else that I've missed, leave it in the comments. I'll be updating this post as I find out more information on events and adding registration links as they are available, so make sure to check back often! At the bottom of this post, you'll find a calendar you can download and print for the months of June and July! :)
those are the cutest initials ever! :)
ReplyDelete