Grow Hair Grow!




Hair Length ChartI'm growing my hair back out again to donate!  I had already been planning on it, and when Beverly got sick again, I knew I wanted to for sure.  In the past, I've donated my hair to Locks of Love in honor of my cousin Jenna, a friend of mine Ellen, and in honor of Beverly as well.  Since this time I'm specifically donating in honor of Beverly, I wanted to find an organization that focuses more on giving wigs to women with cancer.  I found out that Pantene Beautiful Lengths does!  They provide wigs to the American Cancer Society to give women who have lost hair due to cancer treatment. To help me keep up with how long my hair is getting, I'm going to keep a measurement on the side of my blog!  I need at least an 8-inch ponytail to donate, so I'm going to keep up with the length of my hair past my chin (because that's probably how short I'll cut it when I do!)  I could probably go ahead and donate now, but it'd be cutting it close.  My shortest layer by the sides of my face comes about 6 inches past my chin.  When I put my hair in a ponytail and pull it out some (like I normally do when I cut it), my ponytail is RIGHT at 8 inches.  So we'll give it some time so I can donate another long ponytail! :)


July 2002 beginning of Sophomore year of high school - First time I donated hair!
I cut off 12 inches of hair that day...it was so long!!

And this is how it happened the second time!
August 2007 - beginning of Junior year of College


What we cut off.  Those scissors weren't hair-cutting scissors...it was a little difficult!
The before and after from that day



And the most recent hair cut....where the ponytail wasn't long enough...
Yep, that's really how it happened...



Comments

  1. That's awesome! I did that once. . . wish I had done it 2 weeks ago when I chopped all my hair off. I didn't think it was long enough, but she held up a good 10 inches after she whacked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love it! There is something so freeing about chopping your hair off.
    I recently had my youngest sister take sissors to my hair (she is 15 and never been to a day of hair school)...I have never loved a hair cut more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome, Wendy! What a wonderful tribute, and a true gift from the heart! I just know anyone would love to have your nice thick tresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post! Miss Sarah is growing her hair to donate, too! She has about 5 inches to go! I am going to share this post with the girls, they'll love reading it to! Thanks for donating to a great cause :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited everyone! :) I wish I had known about donating my hair when I was younger because I ALWAYS had long hair!

    And Wendy, we have so many similar names in our family! My littlest sister's name is Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you do this Wendy! My sister always donates hair too. Are you able to donate colored hair becuase I was thinking of cutting my hair all off this winter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amber Dawn,

    Pantene doesn't take colored hair, but if I remember correctly, Locks of Love will...I'm thinking they take colored hair, gray hair, any hair just about (no dreadlocks) because if they can't use it for a wig, they can sell it to offset the cost of making wigs! Check locksoflove.org and wigsforkids.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week