I Love my Girls!

I feel like I say this all the time...but I love the girls in my building.  This is my fifth year on staff and this year, the community in my building is so much stronger than any other year and it's evident to everyone!  There is almost always someone in the lobby cooking, studying, or just watching YouTube videos waiting on someone to join them!  This is the first year that we've kept the kitchen stocked with a variety of cookware and dishes because everyone uses them!! We also keep dish soap and a dish rag in there because people are washing their dishes when they are done! This may not seem like that novel of an idea, but last year I found myself washing abandoned dishes in the kitchen way too frequently because otherwise, the sink would stay stopped up with food and the dishes would sit in the sink and start to smell up that end of the second floor.  This just isn't the case this year!  Megan told me at the beginning of the year that she prayed for our residents during the summer, before we met them and God has really answered both of our prayers and given us such a great group of residents.  Granted, every since moment may not be peachy, all the good is most definitely out-weighing the bad.    At the end of the year last year, I was sad to see a lot of the "frequent lobby dwellers" move on to apartments, other schools, or to move in with sorority sisters.  I know it's not going to be any different this year!

I said all that to say....Saturday night three of my girls went shopping and came back with supplies to make a rainbow dinosaur cake.  They came and knocked on my door to come watch (I was the photographer) and as other residents came through to warm up their dinner, they started hanging out as well!

Anywho...enough rambling...let's see how much fun they had. :) :)

I know this looks a little staged, everyone circling around the cake...but it wasn't!! :)


And....collages are my new favorite way to upload a bazillion pictures at once...with style! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cleaning Schedule

Prime Day Deals 2023

Meal Plan for this Week